Sunday, September 30, 2007

Worth the Wait and Angels in Our Life

Holly here - as Daniel is taking a brief nap after his morning feeding, I thought I would take advantage of the time to type a post that I have been thinking about over the last two weeks.

Michael and I both know for sure that Daniel is THE baby who is supposed to be with us and part of our family. We have been so blessed by God and our BM. Daniel is definitely worth the wait.

I wanted to let our friends who are still on their family building journeys know this b/c it is so important to have hope and know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I also realize that telling you this while you are frustrated with waiting and a multitude of procedures or tons of paperwork does not always help. When people told me that the right baby is out there for you, I had a hard time believing it. We are praying for all of you every night!

I also know that God put our friends and family in our lives and they are the angels who supported us and sustained us on our journey. Talking to us on the phone, sending wonderful emails, providing encouragement or holding our hands during the tough times. Plus you have all been there to celebrate with us when Daniel arrived! We are so blessed and can never put into words how much we cherish all of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holly: I don't believe I have ever seen a happier Mommy. You look positively radiant. I am so glad you will be there for others who are building their families.

Blog Archive

About Me

We first heard about Gladney Center for Adoption in January of 2005 when we met with Pastor Stephen and Paula. In March of 2005 we attended an orientation at Gladney in Fort Worth, Texas. We adopted Daniel on September 12, 2007! Now we are waiting for a special child to complete our family.