Thursday, September 20, 2007

Home for a Week





















Daniel here - well I have been in VA for a week and I really like it here. Mommy and Daddy take care of everything I need whenever I cry and lots of people have come to visit me like Gram and Pop-pop (they were really fun)! I have decided to start cooing and talking now (especially to Mommy). I like her voice and her face. Daddy tells me pretty cool stories that I do not understand, but they are long and I like to hear his voice. There are all kinds of gizmos here like a swing, gymini, playard, and my favorite the vibrating bouncer thingy. The UPS guy said there must be something special at our house b/c he is dropping of boxes of stuff for me every day!

On Wednesday Pop-pop and Mommy watched me ALMOST roll-over and they seemed very excited about this. I really wanted to get at the lady bug in the playard b/c she makes a funny noise. Then I went for a walk with Gram, Pop-pop, Mommy and Daddy in the Bob Revolution stroller. This was pretty neat b/c I got to go in the woods and Daddy said we saw some Deer. Now I did not see anything from my view except a lot of green but I liked it in the woods b/c it was cool and I was going fast. You know that I like to be in motion all the time! Plus I want people to pay attention to me all the time and Mommy kept checking on me even when I fell asleep in the stroller.

I also got to go out to dinner for the first time at Cantina d'Italia. Mommy fed and changed me before we left the house, but I had other plans. After Gram, Pop-pop, Mommy and Daddy ate their salads and appetizers, I was really tired of just sitting in my car seat (even though Mommy was trying to entertain me). So I just cried a little and got my diaper changed. There was a lady in the bathroom who said I was really cute and she liked my VT onesie (I am not sure what the VT means but Daddy really likes me in it). Then the main meal arrived and I saw everyone eating except me and I was hungry. So I cried again and I got my bottle! Mommy and Daddy took turns feeding me and burping me. All in all, I am willing to let Mommy and Daddy take me back to a restaurant again - as long as they bring food and entertainment for me. Then it was bath time and I got to try out my spa bath again and then a really warm towel to dry off. The best part was when Pop-pop and Gram held me and played with me and snuggled with me before I went to bed.

Overall I give this place and Mommy and Daddy a big smiley face! I really like it when Mommy calls me sweet pea. i think Daddy is still working on a nickname for me.

Then on Thursday Jane and Alex stopped by and brought us lunch from Panera and a frozen casserole dinner for later (although I just got a bottle) - Alex liked touching my head and saying hi to me which was nice. I really liked Jane's voice and she says I have beautiful blue eyes. Then folks were dancing to 80's tunes in the family room. I tried to join in with some help from Mommy. After Jane and Alex left, I had some fun in my playard and some tummy time (not sure what that is all about except Mommy puts me on my tummy and talks to me from different sides of my head). I really wish that Mommy and Daddy could understand what I am saying now that I am talking and cooing. Maybe they will figure it out in about 18 years! I do love all the hugs and kisses that they give me all day and night! I heard Daddy on the phone and Grandpa and Nana are coming to visit tomorrow and I am going to get more spoiling which is fine by me.

Daddy will have to post the pictures b/c I am not allowed to use the camera or computer yet. Maybe Mommy will let me use them next week when Daddy goes back to work?

A final note - Mommy helped me write this while Daddy was off running errands. He seems to do that a lot. This time he had some printed-out pictures of me for his friends at Giant. Oh, and he told me that he ran into Heidi in the parking lot and she was very excited about me!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

We first heard about Gladney Center for Adoption in January of 2005 when we met with Pastor Stephen and Paula. In March of 2005 we attended an orientation at Gladney in Fort Worth, Texas. We adopted Daniel on September 12, 2007! Now we are waiting for a special child to complete our family.