Saturday, January 12, 2008

4 Months with Daniel










Well, the last 4 months of our lives have been the best ever thanks to Daniel! He is such a sweetheart especially when he smiles at me in the morning. I cannot imagine starting out my day any better way.

Of course our lives have changed dramatically since Sept. 12, 2007. We now talk about poopy diapers, formula, rice cereal and sing all kinds of funny songs to entertain Daniel. We are always sleep deprived and we will probably never get the 2007 Christmas tree and decorations down until Easter 2008.

Seeing the world through a child's eyes is amazing to me. Daniel is so fascinated by everything and wants to learn new things all the time (just like Michael). Daniel's smile and laugh are the best thing on the face of the earth.

Right now I am hearing all the music from the exer-saucer: "Thanks for playing at the pond" is already stamped on my brain. Daniel is talking to the animals and responding to the music and grabbing everything he can. I love holding Daniel and looking in the mirror and saying, Who is that? Is that Mommy and Daniel in the mirror? Then he smiles and laughs. What a happy baby.

Michael and I are going out to dinner to night to celebrate my belated birthday since we were all sick in December. I just realized it is the first time we are going out by ourselves since we had Daniel placed in our arms (not counting the holiday parties we went to with our great friends and colleagues). Fortunately, Daniel is going to get a lot of attention from his Nana and Grandpa.

No comments:

About Me

We first heard about Gladney Center for Adoption in January of 2005 when we met with Pastor Stephen and Paula. In March of 2005 we attended an orientation at Gladney in Fort Worth, Texas. We adopted Daniel on September 12, 2007! Now we are waiting for a special child to complete our family.