Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Holly Visits Gladney Center for Adoption








I had the wonderful opportunity to attend a Retreat at Gladney Center for Adoption in Fort Worth, Texas last Friday and Saturday. Jane and I attended to represent the National Capital Area Gladney Family Association. We learned all kinds of ways to enhance the activities and events of our GFA and make tighter connections between Gladney Families and Babies in the DC area!
I was overwhelmed with emotion when I arrived at Gladney and had a chance to walk around the Center and the Grounds. All these memories of our Sept. 12, 2007 placement flooded back into my head and my heart. I had a few tears remembering how happy we were when Daniel was placed in our arms forever and we became a family! Nothing can every be better than that day in our lives.
As you can see in the pictures we got a placard on the walkway in the Gladney courtyard saying "Daniel is our forever blessing". Every single day we realize how true these sentiments really are. We love him so much and just when you think it is not possible to love him any more, you do! I really missed my two boys this weekend, but it was great to be back at Gladney.




1 comment:

Gladney said...

Hi, Holly! I'm so glad you had a good time on Gladney's campus last weekend!

I wanted to let you know that the link to your profile on your blog goes to an old page. Your new link is http://www.adoptionsbygladney.com/html/pregnant/parent.php?idClients=378.

About Me

We first heard about Gladney Center for Adoption in January of 2005 when we met with Pastor Stephen and Paula. In March of 2005 we attended an orientation at Gladney in Fort Worth, Texas. We adopted Daniel on September 12, 2007! Now we are waiting for a special child to complete our family.