Thursday, February 21, 2008

Crayons







Daniel did his first artwork with crayons yesterday. When Michael saw it he asked, "Did Daniel do his initials himself?" I said, I think they are just scribbles! Of course, Daniel also tried to eat the crayons after he finished his drawing.

I took Daniel to see the doctor on Monday b/c he has been getting up and crying for 2 hours in the middle of the night for a week. The doctor said he is old enough for us to reassure him, but let him cry. So that is what we have been doing for the last 3 nights and it has been very tough. Daniel likes when we come in the room and reassure him, but after doing this three times he is still crying or up on his knees moving around. I just have to turn off the monitor and let him cry until he falls asleep again. We will see how long this lasts. Everyone tells me you just have to do it now, b/c if you wait until he is older it is even worse. I am so happy every morning when he smiles at me!

I have discovered that Daniel is not thrilled with peas. He likes his green beans so that is good enough for me. Plus he is eating 3 servings of veggies a day in addition to his cereal!

No comments:

About Me

We first heard about Gladney Center for Adoption in January of 2005 when we met with Pastor Stephen and Paula. In March of 2005 we attended an orientation at Gladney in Fort Worth, Texas. We adopted Daniel on September 12, 2007! Now we are waiting for a special child to complete our family.