Saturday, May 16, 2009

Butterflies at the Natural History Museum









We headed to the Natural History Museum this morning and lucked out because there was a live Butterfly Exhibit (Daniel's favorite next to planes). We walked in and Daniel kept pointing and saying "Butterfly". He was clearly fascinated by all the butterflies and wanted to see them all. He was very good about not touching them and actually listened when we said not to touch them :) Unfortunately a butterfly landed on the ground and Daniel spun around and stepped on it - one of the things they warned us to be careful about. The lady behind me saw the whole thing and later commented that a she saw a little boy step on one and I said yes that was my son. It was a total accident but Daniel did manage to make the butterfly kind of gimp away????

We saw some butterflies with such beautiful blue colors but it was hard to capture them b/c they keep their wings shut a lot when they have landed on something. On the way out we went through an exhibit on insects and they had some live samples - perfect for Daniel. The man running the exhibit tried to get Daniel to touch the grasshopper but he was not being gentle enough so I held it for him. Then the man asked me if I wanted to hold a cockroach. I told him the only way he got me to hold the grasshopper and deal with it crawling up my arm was for Daniel. As you notice there are not pictures of me with coachroach! He told me it was good that I did this so that Daniel will not be scared of insects :) I told Michael he is in charge of bug duty at our house.

No comments:

About Me

We first heard about Gladney Center for Adoption in January of 2005 when we met with Pastor Stephen and Paula. In March of 2005 we attended an orientation at Gladney in Fort Worth, Texas. We adopted Daniel on September 12, 2007! Now we are waiting for a special child to complete our family.