Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day















My Mother's Day weekend was such a blessing. On Friday at daycare, they had "Muffins for Moms" and I got a present from Daniel. It was this adorable picture of him in a large flower pot with flowers in the background which is proudly displayed in my office. He looks so cute and happy. Plus he drew me a picture with his blue crayon. Then Friday night Michael made me a gourmet shrimp-alfredo dish with wine and roses. We had a lovely dinner together after Daniel went to sleep.

On Sunday, Daniel was so excited about Mother's Day that he got me up at 5:50am!!! We played with all his toys for over 2 hours until he fell asleep for a nap. Then I got great cards from Michael and from Daniel! Plus my two boys gave me a gorgeous pendant necklace with ruby, blue topaz and peridot stones representing all of our birthstones. My stone is in the middle b/c I hold the family together :)Michael made blueberry pancakes (which actually means he handled fruit!) and they were delicious. Daniel even had some pancakes - his first adult food - and he liked them. We are so happy as a family of three. Michael and I created a Daniel sandwich and kissed him all over.

Then we headed up to Nana and Grandpa's for Mother's Day dinner. Daniel loved playing with his grandparents and Aunt Valerie and Uncle Eric. This was quite the happy occassion for everyone. Daniel did get tired during dinner, but I told everyone that I did not all mind if my food got cold b/c Daniel is in our life!

Needless to say this was an amazing weekend for me and my heart feels like it might burst with love for Daniel.

No comments:

About Me

We first heard about Gladney Center for Adoption in January of 2005 when we met with Pastor Stephen and Paula. In March of 2005 we attended an orientation at Gladney in Fort Worth, Texas. We adopted Daniel on September 12, 2007! Now we are waiting for a special child to complete our family.